January 22, 2020
HistoryHound 2.1 is a free update
for all registered HistoryHound users.
This release adds the ability to search for phrases, makes the indexing process more robust, and corrects several bugs.
If you already use HistoryHound, just download
and install the new version — HistoryHound
will preserve your license information.
If you're new to HistoryHound, download
it and give it a try. You'll be glad you
- You can now use phrase searches (an exact phrase within quotation marks) when searching in "Spotlight-style query" mode. To enable this, you must first rebuild your search index using the "Rebuild Index" button in the Index Status window.
- HistoryHound will no longer request more than one page every 2 seconds from a website.
- Index rebuilding has been improved to make it more robust and to preserve bookmark titles that are different than the title of the indexed page.
- Fixed a bug that could cause HistoryHound to miss pages in your browser history if indexing was interrupted and restarted or if a single indexing pass took longer than 10 minutes.
- Improved error handling when you cancel indexing or quit HistoryHound while it is updating its search index.
- When HistoryHound's built-in browser is hidden, opening a result in a web browser now requires a double-click.
- HistoryHound will not try to open a nonexistent URL when you double-click on "Please enter a search phrase".
- The search prompt now updates dynamically as pages are added to the search index.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning Google Chrome bookmarks.
- Index dump files are now correctly encoded as UTF-8.
Thanks for your interest in HistoryHound!
Don't forget to try the other great St.
Clair Software Products, including Default