Default Folder X 5.7 Testing
Updated June 9, 2022
This is a very early public release of Default Folder X 5.7. It is for users that are running the developer release of macOS 13 Ventura which was announced at WWDC 2022.
If you encounter any issues when running it on Ventura, please let me know at DefaultFolderX@stclairsoft.com.
Version 5.7d3 delivers these improvements:
Changes for Ventura:
- Preliminary support for the WWDC developer release of macOS 13 Ventura.
Changes for all macOS versions:
- The icon for Favorites in the popup menu within Default Folder X's "Move", "Copy" and "Make Alias" dialogs now displays as it should.
- When you open a document in iCloud Drive that has not yet been downloaded, Default Folder X will correctly re-select it the next time you use an Open dialog.
- The "Default to the current document's folder in Save dialogs" feature will work correctly in Microsoft Word when the document resides on your local drive. It still will not work when the document is located on OneDrive due to the way Word handles those files.
- Fixed the French localization for "Quick Start" in Default Folder X's menu.
- When guiding you through the granting of Full Disk Access privacy permissions in Ventura, Default Folder X opens the wrong pane in System Settings. This is due to a bug in System Settings. You must manually navigate to Full Disk Access and then grant Default Folder X permission there.
- Prompts for setting privacy permissions still refer to "checkboxes" even though System Settings now uses switches (despite the Apple Human Interface Guidelines recommending checkboxes for these types of panels).
How to be a beta tester:
In order to beta test, you must have
a stable, predictable machine (at least as much as that's possible with the Monterey betas) and be
willing to commit time to work with
us if you discover a bug or conflict.
If you encounter incorrect or confusing
behavior, please try to summarize what
you were doing at the time it happened
and supply that along with a crash
log or screenshot.
Click below to download the public
test version of Default Folder X 5.7:
Please note that
Default Folder X 5.7d3 is pre-release
software, and as such, may contain
bugs. It has been tested for compatibility
on a number of systems, but has not
been fully qualified and released.
When testing any unreleased software,
you should have a backup copy of any
important files, since a software bug
could cause your Mac to crash
and lose valuable data.
Don't assume that a bug you've found
has already been reported!! Please
submit all bug reports and feedback